Episode 59: Is Golf An Endurance Sport
On Episode 59 of the Fitness For The Fairways podcast, Joe sat down with Kevin Sprouse, the owner of Podium Sports in Knoxville, Tn. He is the Head of Medicine for EF Education First Pro Cycling and works with a number of professional athletes including those on the PGA Tour.
We sat down and discussed:
- How to build a physiological foundation for health and golf
- Is golf an endurance sport
- How the building an aerobic engine can actually improve strength and power
- Should you work out on an empty stomach
- How to program energy system development for golf
Connect with Kevin
If you want to listen to the Scott Stalling interview we mentioned, click here.
Join the Fitness For The Fairways Facebook group and become a part of the community!
Listen To The Podcast Wherever You Listen!
This week’s episode is brought to you by Par Four Performance. If tightness and stiffness are affecting your golf game, the P4P Online Kinstretch Membership is for you. You’ll learn how to assess yourself and have access to over 300 mobility routines to help you improve the areas that will have the greatest impact on your game. Click below to get started today!