The Nervous Systems Impact On The Golf Swing
On Episode 131 of the Fitness For The Fairways podcast, Joe sat down with Brian McLaughlin, a Doctor of Physical Therapy at Perfect Stride Physical Therapy in NYC.
When it comes to movement, the nervous system dictates everything. On this podcast, we talk mostly about fitness and the somatosensory system, but there is a visual and vestibular component to movement as well.
If one of these systems has a deficit, it can impact motor learning, decrease performance, and even increase your risk for injury.
What you’ll learn from this episode.
- Cortical smudging and its impact on movement
- The 3 systems that impact balance
- How your visual system and vestibular system can impact your golf game
- Factors that can impact posture
Ask Joe Segment
- Best shoewear for golf
- Best strategies for learning a new movement such as a grip change in golf
Connect with Brian
Don’t forget if you have been enjoying the show to leave a 5-star review if you haven’t done so already. Please do so wherever you listen!
Join the Fitness For The Fairways Facebook group and become a part of the community!