Episode 62: Overcoming Lower Back Pain with Professional Golfer Brandon Matthews
On Episode 62 of the Fitness For The Fairways podcast, Joe sat down with Brandon Matthews, a Professional Golfer on the Latin America Tour
We sat down and discussed:
- Why Brandon decided to focus on golf over the other sports he played in his youth
- His secret to averaging a whopping 331 yard drives during the 2019 golf season
- The lessons learned from his latest golf slump
- His experience with lower back and hip pain and how it has affected his career
- How he currently manages his body’s health and the swing changes he has had to make
- The truth about neutral spine
Follow Brandon’s Career
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- TPI – Titleist Performance Institute
- The Titleist Performance Institute is a great resource for you to find the best swing coaches, fitness pros, and medical pros in the golf industry. They have an amazing find your provider resource which you can access here. If you would like your golf fitness or rehab needs met, you can also set up a free 15-minute discovery call with me to learn how I can best help you take your body and your game to the next level.
Join the Fitness For The Fairways Facebook group and become a part of the community!
Listen To The Podcast Wherever You Listen!
This week’s episode is brought to you by Par Four Performance. If tightness and stiffness are affecting your golf game, the P4P Online Kinstretch Membership is for you. You’ll learn how to assess yourself and have access to over 300 mobility routines to help you improve the areas that will have the greatest impact on your game. Click below to get started today!
If you are looking for Tour quality balls at a fraction of the price, Vice golf is the way to go. I have been using their balls for about half the season now, and love how they are reacting around the greens. They’ve been on the Golf Digest Hot List 3 years in a row, so don’t wait any longer to get your hands on these bad boys.