Today's Tune-Up Tuesday covers ankle CARs. Controlled Articular Rotations (CARs) and are an integral part of my mobility training, as well as my clients'. If you want to learn more about CARs you can read my previous blog post about them here.
Here is a recap of the importance of CARs:
1. Maintains joint health.
2. Maintains joint range of motion.
3. A tool to assess your range of motion and overall function of the joint.
Keep the following in mind while performing your ankle CARs:
1. Each circle you draw should be the biggest joint circle you can possibly make WITHOUT compensating.
2. Move slowly, with control in order to stimulate the receptors within the joint. This is what allows this exercise to offer the many benefits it does.
3. Do them daily. If an apple a day will keep the doctor away, CARs every day will help keep pain away.
Give these a try, and let me know your feedback in the comment section below.
Move Well, Stay Strong.